Style & Design
Fun and Quirky DIY Wall Decor Ideas to Try
Customize any room in your home with these easy DIY wall decor ideas. Spice up your living room, office, or bedroom with wall decor accents you can do at home. Spruce up your house by adding unique pieces to what could be an otherwise dull wall with these fun DIY ideas. Whether you want to find a new way to display your family photos or add a touch of color to your favorite room, these DIY ideas will help you make it happen.
DIY Photo Display
Try this fun and creative way to display your family photos. If you're looking for simple and easy crafts for wall decor, this is your project. This is the perfect DIY project to include in your kid's bedroom.
- Plastic corner molding
- Spray paint in various colors
- Velcro strips
- Cut the plastic molding to your desired length.
- Spray paint each molding with your preferred colors
- Wait for them to dry completely
- Stick one side of the velcro strip to the ledge and the other side to the wall where you want the shelf to go
- Repeat this step with all your ledges
- Place your favorite photos on the shelf and admire your creation
Check out the complete tutorial on Aww Sam.
DIY Wooden Peg Wall
Are you trying to spruce up a small space? Our designers have shared their tips before on how to make a small room look more spacious. One of their recommendations was to take advantage of vertical space. This DIY wall decor idea is the best way to use all your vertical space.
- A sheet of plywood per panel
- Sheet of pegboard
- Pegboard shelves
- Wooden dowels
- Nail Gun
Keep in mind for this DIY project you'll need to know how to use various tools. If you need assistance, don't hesitate to enlist the help of your handiwork friends.
Check out the step-by-step tutorial on Vintage Revivals.
DIY Paper Flower Wall Decor
When it comes to cheap decorating ideas for walls, paper art can do wonders. This adorable DIY project is perfect for decorating a baby girl nursery or adding a feminine touch to a guest bathroom.
- White cardstock
- Cutting machine
- Square display frames
- Metallic foil
- Start creating your petal shapes
- Load your white cardstock and use the cutting machine to get your petals
- Cut a small metallic circle for the center of your flower
- Use glue to stick the petals on the backing of the frame
- Reassemble your frame and appreciate your wall decor
- You can also remove the glass frame to add more texture
Check out the complete tutorial on Maritza Lisa.
DIY Iridescent Pink Mirror
Another way to add flair to a boring wall is by including a statement mirror. Not only will your room look instantly more interesting, but the mirror will also attract light, making the room look bigger. Plus, you don't need much to do this DIY project.
- Shiny adhesive paper
- Round mirror
- Craft knife
- Choose the area you'll like the color paper to be
- Take the adhesive paper and stick it directly to the mirror
- Use a towel or a credit card to get rid of any air bubbles
- Display your mirror
Check out the complete tutorial on A Bubbly Life.
When it comes to easy and affordable DIY wall decor ideas, these projects will only take a couple of hours. Enlist your family or your friends and have fun together. If you're still struggling with finding the best ways to include a DIY project with your current decor, start a project today. Chat with one of our designers to help you get an idea of how your project will look, how to add furniture that compliments it, and how to arrange everything in the room to make sure your wall art gets the recognition and attention it deserves. See our pricing plans.